This past week was a blur... the girls haven't been sleeping well again, which means that we're practically zombies. On top of that, they've been waking up at 9 or 10, so we don't get those few precious hours before we go to bed to actually get things done. It was just one of those weekends where I put a check mark next to "Everyone is still alive" on Sunday night and call the weekend a success.
We still hadn't moved the car seats to the van yet, but we had been taking the van on short trips during the week, mostly to the gym. When I actually got in on the highway, I noticed that it was pulling pretty hard to the right. We wanted to get it looked at right away... but the dealership is about 30 minutes out of our way. We went there after we picked up the girls from daycare on Friday afternoon. We stopped for dinner on the way back, and since we were in a part of town we never go to, we didn't know the high chair situation in any of the restaurants out there. And, of course we picked something that only had 2 high chairs in the whole place. I help Becca in my lap, but it was just very stressful: it was getting late, and Greg and I pretty much have to inhale our food. Oh, and the girls had chocolate chip cookies... with really melty chocolate chips. They were a mess. I had to take each of them to the bathroom to try to wash off all the chocolate.
But we survived.
We got our usual Costco trip in on Saturday morning, and then Danny and Victoria got here for a super quick trip this weekend. They bought the Jetta from us - - found a cheap flight to get down here and get it. We got to see them for a few hours in all.
We tried Red Robin for the first time with the girls on Saturday. We knew it was going to be dicey - we left late (I had fallen asleep on the couch), plus we had to wait when we got there.
Waiting...

"You expect me to wait?"

We inhaled our food, but we still got home late, and the girls went to bed about half an hour late. I don't know it was that half hour or what, but that was about the worst night of sleep I've had in a long time.
Eating, finally


We went out for lunch on Sunday, and ended up sitting behind Nigel Robertson (one of our local NBC news anchors... one of the VERY few that don't drive me mad) at Chipotle. And while his wife is beautiful and his boys adorable, I think we still upstaged him.
Emma was whiny at dinner on Saturday, but we figured it was a combination of a new place, eating later than usual, and the fact that it was kind of loud in there. But Greg checked her temperature on Sunday afternoon, and sure enough, she was 102. And then late on Sunday, Greg started feeling lousy. Greg stayed home sick on Monday and didn't get out of bed until about 3 in the afternoon. I stayed home with Emma, who was fine by then (of course), but clingy.
Of course, by Monday night, Julie's temperature was up. Back down by Tuesday morning, so everyone went to daycare (and work). And by the time we picked them up on Tuesday afternoon, Emma was running a fever again.
I don't know what Wednesday will bring. It's one of those weeks where I feel like everything is falling apart, and like I'm crazy for doing this without family here.
1 comment:
What! We have to stop counting months after 18?? Noooo! ;)
You are a champ!! Super MOM! Just remember that! ;)
Post a Comment