Wednesday, November 10, 2010

The weather turned cold just in time for the weekend. We kept it pretty mellow.

Saturday morning started off with me trying to take Julie with me to Costco in a van with a completely flat tire. I don't know how I missed it when I put Julie in her carseat, but as we backed out of the driveway, I knew that either the emergency brake was on, or we had a flat tire. Luckily we didn't make it even past the house, so I don't think I did any damage.

Julie and I took the wagon while Greg went in to call AAA to put the spare on. While the girls napped, he took it up to Discount Tire where they inflated and inspected it and found nothing wrong. So we're back in business now, if a bit hesitantly.

Greg and I finally got a chance to go out to dinner to celebrate his birthday on Saturday night. Brittanie baby sat for us, and the girls got really quiet when they saw her come in the door. Leaving was AWFUL. Oh, how they screamed. It was like those scenes where a child is being ripped away from their mother - looking back at Becca over Brittanie's shoulder, screaming and crying and reaching for me with that look on her face like "how could you?".

With the time change the girls got about an extra half hour of sleep in the morning. I took Emma to the grocery store with me, since we're trying to get the girls some more one on one attention, because we haven't been doing so great at that lately.

After much chatter, giggling, and removal of their pants (E & R), the girls took a good nap to the point where I was on the verge of waking them up. We decided to let the girls run around in the back yard for a while, and we took our annual pumpkin pictures. I brought out the blanket and set it down on the grass, and it was like the girls knew just what to do. After we took the group shots, I was going to take some individuals. We tried taking Becca and Julie out (since they were on the ends), but Becca just went and sat right back down where she was, and then Emma started yelling for Julie to come sit back down.
Emma. She loves shirts with "hats." Ooooh, and I did exposure compensation on P mode on this one. Fancy.


I think I've mentioned how much the girls love to watch the neighbors' dogs out the living room window. Well, the woman next door brought the dogs out while we were out there. The girls were curious... as long as they could keep their distance. Becca got closest but still wouldn't pet the dogs. Emma's in the middle, and Julie stayed pretty far back.


Pumpkins!


Then we were just being silly.
R


R


Pumpkin thief


R


J & Daddy


Emma got all OCD with the blanket, even outside. And here's one where I failed to use my fancy exposure compensation...


R


E


I just love running pictures.


Me and Julie


With my ladies.


I've been battling a cold and just feel exhausted. I crashed into bed on Monday night after we put the girls to sleep just before 8, and slept until 6:30 Tuesday morning. Repeat on Tuesday night. Thank goodness Greg had it together and got everything done. I have this awful sinus headache - this is only the 2nd time I've had one like this. It's mostly a dull pain, but there are moments where the pressure changes in my head, or if I turn my head too far, and it hits like a migraine for a few seconds. Today is the first day that I've been able to cough without cringing from my headache. Of course, the cough has gotten worse and hurts my chest when I cough.

It's going to be a long winter.

2 comments:

justem said...

That shirt w/the the birds is adorable!! And yay you for making it in some photos!!

Beth said...

I'm glad it's finally feeling like fall down there! I had to laugh when you said that Emma likes shirts with "hats". I love how kids describe things so accurately! Hope you are feeling better soon. I've had the same sinusy headache thing going on. Very annoying!