Friday, December 10, 2010

Our week in review

Last Friday night was our Triplet Family Christmas party. Well, really our Parents of Triplets Christmas party. I'm so thankful to know these people and to have them to talk to and ask questions of. I've got the youngest triplets in our regular group, so it's also good to hear what's coming our way. Good for Greg and I to get out of the house, and the girls did pretty well staying with April.

On Saturday morning, our work sponsored a Children's Christmas party at a rec center that's got an ice rink, a bunch of inflatable bouncy things, and a basketball/rollerblade/??? area. We had free run of the place, but the girls were pretty shy. They still won't get on the inflatable things, and I'm starting to think that it's more that they are afraid we're going to leave them. After we walked around the inflatables for a while and weren't getting anywhere, we went to watch the people ice skating. Which was ok until all they wanted to do was climb the bleachers. So upstairs we went (slowly, blocking traffic) to get cookies. The girls were all over this. (They totally ignored Santa sitting in the corner.) But I made the mistake of giving them both the cookie and the napkin that the cookie was on. Apparently this was information overload, because the cookies kept falling on the floor. I think we went through like 8 cookies.

They also had a craft set up, and the girls really enjoyed this -- they had these foam Christmas trees, and then a bunch of foam stickers to stick on as decorations. My girls LOVE stickers. (Future scrapbookers??? I can't wait!) They stuck them. Unstuck them. Restuck them. Over and over.

Working on our trees


Becca's tree ... and pigtails.


Julie's done.


Emma's tree. I think it looks fine like it is.


But apparently it required some rearranging. A little OCD? I simply don't know where she gets it.


Saturday night was a Christmas party at the house of one of Greg's former coworkers. It was a small gathering, so I'm glad we made the effort. We pretty much provided the entertainment. These were all people the girls had never met before, so for the first hour or so, they were very shy and clingy. Finally, when we started to sit down to eat, Emma and Becca would let Terry hold them. (Julie was still permanently attached to daddy.) Emma actually ate dinner while sitting in Terry's lap. I wouldn't have believed it if I hadn't seen it with my own eyes. By the time we had to leave, the girls were running around the house screeching and giggling. Probably good that we left when we did.

We went out last Sunday morning to go do our Costco shopping, and then get a Christmas tree from Costco. It's still in the garage, but we're hoping to get it up this weekend. After our shopping trip, we went to Chipotle for lunch.
We dipped our chips in goldfish,


ate our goldfish with a spoon,


and focused intently on getting our rice into our mouths.


The girls had to get their flu booster shots on Thursday night, so we went out to dinner afterwards. Pizza! The girls are trying to say pizza now, too -- "pee-tha!" We actually tried sitting at a booth and using booster seats. It makes us a little bit less of a spectacle.

We were out for dinner on Friday again, as it's really nice to not have to clean up high chairs, the floor, etc. We tried the booth thing again, successfully.

Greg and I have both been battling colds, and I ended up crashing into bed at 7:30 on both Wednesday and Thursday nights, right after we put the girls to bed. It was SO nice. If only there weren't a million things to do once the girls go to bed. You know, like that pile of 4 loads of laundry on the bed that we've been sleeping around for a week now. Or the mail that I apparently had not gone through since we got back from Thanksgiving.

1 comment:

Rachel said...

The girls are getting so grown up and you can see so much of their personality in these pics...just love them!!!