Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Yes, we are alive.

So, by virtue of yesterday's post, you know we're alive.

December just feels like it has spun out of control. I don't know how it's the 21st already. I'm not even sure I can account for the time since my last post.

I think I took Emma on some errands 2 Saturdays ago. We went out for lunch together at Chipotle, and I remember thinking it was really our first impromptu lunch date. I didn't plan anything ahead of time (gasp) - we got there with no sippy, no placemats, no bibs. And we survived! Emma had some rice and chips (and acted insulted by the pork) and drank from a juicebox. It's like we're entering a new era.

The girls have been coughing for a while now, and they started sharing a fever and eye gunk last week. Greg kept Emma home on Wednesday because daycare had called a out her fever on Tuesday afternoon. He took her into the doctor because she sounded a little raspy, but it's probably just a virus. I ended up with all three of them at home on Thursday because Emma was still running a fever on Wednesday, Julie had eye gunk (I wanted to keep an eye on it and make sure it wasn't pink eye) and Becca would have been miserable at daycare on her own.

We also had our 6 month recheck at the ENT last week. The girls all still have their tubes and they look fine. He said to expect them to fall out in the next 6-12 months. Looking forward to not fighting that battle this winter.

I myself have been obsessed with finishing The Girl Who Played with Fire. I've been reading in every spare minute I can find. I'm hoping to finally finish it tomorrow. Wednesday is my first day of vacation, and I don't go back to work until the 3rd.

It doesn't feel like we've done much really Christmas-y this year. Greg did get some lights up outside, which is more than we managed last year. He also got the tree up and put lights on it the Saturday before last. We let the girls hang some of the non-fragile ornaments that we could find. Of course, they want to constantly rearrange them. Or wear them like bracelets, especially these little seashell ones from Grandma S.

That's honestly all I can come up with. The girls still aren't sleeping well, and we end up with at least one of them in bed with us every night. Our most fabulous night was on Sunday night, when Emma started crying. Greg went to get her and as soon as he walked in, all 3 of them started yelling. 3 screaming kids. 4 am. Nice.

I still don't really think that they "get" Christmas. They know that there's a tree in our house, but I don't think they know why.

No comments: