Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Ten on Tuesday

1. Girls are at daycare for a few days this week. Greg's at work for a few days. I'm on vacation. Doing what I want, when I want is just priceless.

2. Bought the girls winter coats for next year this week. Aren't they cute?


3. Finished The Girl Who Played with Fire last week. Is it any surprise that my first Kindle book purchase was The Girl Who Kicked the Hornet's Nest? I'm not sure when it comes out in paperback, but I'm not sure I could have waited, either.

4. Did some after Christmas shopping at Target on Sunday and got some Christmas decorations that I'd been eyeing. I also got a few things at Pier 1. One of my goals for the next few days is to go through our 7 (gulp) Christmas bins and weed out the stuff we aren't using. I also need to rearrange the ornaments into "child friendly" and "put on the tree in another 10 years" boxes so that it's easier to get at stuff they can put on the tree next year.

5. Our Costco tree held up as well or better than any tree we've had. Of course, the only other place we'd bought one before was Lowe's.

6. I think I forgot to mention that we actually got snow on Christmas! It started snowing on Christmas afternoon and didn't stop until Sunday morning. It was pretty wet, though, and still about 38 degrees when it started snowing. The roads just got a dusting, but we got maybe an inch on the yard.

7. Either we need a new mattress or I need a new back. I wake up every morning with an agonizingly stiff back. It's stiff, not sore, because after I'm up and moving, I'm fine. But getting out of bed is agonizing.

8. The girls weren't really interested in the wrapped presents under the tree on Christmas, but on Sunday morning, they tore through them. Like, faster than we could keep up with.

9. Thinking about leaving the Christmas Card Holder up all year again (intentionally, this time) and just shoving some snapshots and memorabilia in it. It hangs over the closet door, and isn't particularly Christmas-y.

10. Wow, in less than a month, I'll have 2-year-olds. I am so not ready to think about that yet.

2 comments:

Beth said...

Yay for vacation and doing what you want, when you want.

Maybe you should go test out some new mattresses while you have some free time. I don't know if you use a feather bed, but after about two years of using one I got rid of mine and it made a world of difference. I thought it was helping, but apparently not!

Loved the Christmas card!

Jen D. said...

Enjoy your vacation! I hear you on the mattress issue...we are actually thinking about getting a Sleep Number bed. Several people have recommended them, though they are a bit pricey. Tomorrow we are going to the store to check them out.