could not make me comfortable this weekend. On Thursday night, I had made up my mind that I would go to the doctor on Friday morning. But by the time I got up and was headed to work, those hives that had sprung up on my face and neck seemed to be getting better. But when I woke up on Saturday morning, it had spread to my shoulders and upper arms. All day Saturday, it seemed to be spreading down my arms to my hands, and even my legs were starting to get itchy on Saturday night.
I've been taking Benadryl since Tuesday. On Saturday afternoon, I got some Benadryl spray and gel to apply directly to the hives. The spray worked for maybe 30 minutes. Overnight, I couldn't sleep. My skin itches, burns, stings, and I was insanely uncomfortable. I was up about every two hours to apply more Benadryl gel, mostly to my arms, ears, and neck.
By this morning (Sunday), I was miserable, and pretty sure I was about to OD on Benadryl (they say not to use the gel if you're also taking the pills, and I think the gel said not to use more than 4-6 times per day. Oh, and not to use it over large areas.) A new urgent care center opened not far from the house, and while the wait was agonizing, it was so worth the 2.5 hrs to finally get something stronger. I'm still pretty uncomfortable, but I don't feel like I have sunburn on top of bug bites on top of sunburn anymore. And I don't look quite so freakish. But good heaves, I think this supersedes recaulking a shower on my list of tortures.
As to what caused it, I have no idea... My first guess was some sunscreen that I used at the water park last weekend, since it was pretty much my face, neck, and then shoulders and arms. But I know I didn't use the sunscreen in question on my legs. My only other thought is that it's more of a heat rash. I've been extremely "heat intolerant" lately (thyroid tests were all normal) for a while now, and I just feel like I've been sweaty all week. I've seen little bits of it before on my neck and chest when I was jogging in the heat, but that came and went. Nothing like this. Of course, my parents think it's from stress.
I'm waiting a few more minutes for my last dosage before I go to bed. I'd love some sleep tonight.
1 comment:
So not cool. :( I hope things are better like...NOW. ;)
Post a Comment