Thursday, April 26, 2007

The Wonder Spot


by Melissa Bank. I finished this up a week or so ago, but am trying to remember now what it was about. From what I can remember, it was a bunch of stories about growing up and trying to find your place. Who can't relate?
One of the things that really hit home for me was the way the main character was trying to find her "calling" in a job, and never really found anything that fit in a way to fulfill her. I don't really feel like my job is a "calling," just a job. Sometimes I wonder if I have the drive to have a "career" and not just a job.

1 comment:

Beth said...

Thanks for the book tip! I love "coming of age" stories. As for the job/career - I used to love it, but now I dread it and that makes me sad.