Sunday, December 2, 2007

Chilli-n'

We had a pretty quiet weekend for a change. We did get the Christmas decorations out of the attic, though we didn't get so far as getting the tree in the house or putting any of the directions up.

We ran a couple of errands, but mostly just stayed around the house. Greg did another round of leaf clean up on Saturday (and I managed another successful round of leaf cleanup avoidance). I pulled out the crock pot and made a big batch of chilli, because we've both been hungry for it. It was so nice to have it simmering all day, and then just ready whenever we wanted to eat. We made some corn muffins and just relaxed. I'm going to try another crock pot recipe this week, for some chicken tortilla soup. And I already found a recipe for white chilli that I want to try next week.

Today we just did some cleanup around here and the usual chores. We went to Lowe's this afternoon to start looking at and pricing flooring for downstairs. We're still hoping to replace the kitchen floor and the carpet downstairs over Christmas. We stopped at BJ's for a company shopping night (we were just there for the $15 gift cards), picked up some dinner, and settled on the couch to watch the Amazing Race.

2 comments:

Beth said...

OK, can you direct me to your version of tortilla soup? Some of the ones I've found do not sound sufficiently tasty. Pretty please?

Rachel said...

I also would like your recipe if you want to share..sounds yummy!!!