It has been so nice to just be hanging out around the house lately. We haven't gotten a whole lot done -- not nearly all we had planned. But we've gotten some things done, and we've finally had a chance to sleep and relax.
I can't even recall what we've been up to lately. I'm racking my brain. I went to work for a half day on Friday, and then came home and worked on cleaning out my file cabinet. Greg and I each have two drawers, but we're trying to combine down to one cabinet (so 1 drawer each). I think what I've got now will fit in one drawer, but I'm ready to shred some more. I thought the shredder was going to burn up on Friday.
On Saturday, I did a little bit of shopping. I had found some Bath and Body Works gift cards from LAST Christmas in my car a few weeks ago (I had given up on finding them), so I went and shopped The Sale. My favorite find was some lemon lip moisturizer. I love their antibacterial soaps, but we've been trying to back off on the antibacterial stuff lately -- you know, do our part to reduce antibiotic resistance. ;) I found a few bottles to try, but we haven't found anything to replace the antibacterial stuff yet. I got some of the Method Christmas ones (from Target), and like those. (And, just realized on Friday that they say, "Never tested on reindeer." on them.)
I think we went to dinner and then Target on Saturday. We picked up a new LCD TV for the bonus room, as the one that we had in there squealed, and now that we're both spending more time in there, we decided it was time for an upgrade. We got the last one they had on sale. Actually, it looked like it had been opened and returned, so we were a bit skeptical, but it seems to be working fine.
Greg has been doing a ton of clean up work out in the garage this week. We've still got all of the cabinets (well, the ones that didn't have to be destroyed) from the kitchen remodel over the summer, so he's been arranging and hanging those, and filling them up.
Sunday was a bit of blur, partly because we slept until noon! I can't remember the last time I slept so late. (I paid for it last night; I couldn't fall asleep. I'm sure it's coming again tonight, too.) I know that I eventually went to the grocery store. And I made a huge pot of spaghetti sauce and meatballs. But the rest of the day was a bit of a blur.
Actually, today's largely a blur, too. We were going to go see a movie, but there wasn't anything we really wanted to see. We thought it would be good to get out of the house, though, (and a good idea for me to take a shower), so we went out for lunch and then another Target run. We finally found some LED Christmas lights on clearance (which is now at 75%. Sure makes 50% off look like a rip off, huh? ;) ), and a few other things on Christmas clearance.
I made a big pot of chili for dinner, and now we're just hanging out. No real plans for New Year's Eve. I'd like to do some more cleaning up before going back to work on Wednesday. And some more napping.
ps - Yes, we figured out how to block the calls on my cell phone, but it still lights up and lists the calls as "missed calls" (thus draining the battery with reminders). It's better than it ringing at midnight, but not as good as turning the thing off all together. I'm not real attached to that particular number, so, if it means a cheaper phone in a couple of weeks, I probably will change the number.
1 comment:
Will you email me the destructions on how to block cell phone calls?
Post a Comment