Sunday, March 9, 2008

IKEA, and an Urgent Need for Pants

We went to Atlanta on Saturday to do some shopping, with a stop at Archivers (for me) and Fry's (electronics, for Greg) before heading to IKEA. We actually didn't end up getting a whole lot, just some organizational type stuff, as well as some parts from the scratch and dent department for a top secret project inspired in part by the IKEA Hacker blog, but also by my unwillingness to pay $50 for something at Archivers. Stay tuned.

Oh, but there was one other stop along the way -- we went into an Old Navy, because we were both looking for pants. So I'm bending down, sifting through jeans, when my need for new pants took on a new urgency, as I hear my pants rip! I knew they were getting worn, and that's part of the reason why I was looking for new ones. They didn't rip down the seam or anything; it was kind of across the inside of my thigh. Not super classy, but it could have been worse. So I ran and found Greg and made him sift through the jeans, because I was afraid that if I bent over again, the rip was just going to get bigger. :) So I came out of there with a new pair of jeans; borrowed scissors from the cash register and cut all the tags off. Then we went to a deserted corner of the parking lot so I could change my pants. Sigh. I think it's been said that, if it can happen, it will happen to me. :)

Sunday felt like it was spent in preparation for the rest of the week. It's not really a day of its own anymore, so much as a catch-up day. We got groceries, froze chicken that was on sale, cut up a cantaloupe, did lots of laundry.

In happy news, the daffodils did bloom this week. They make me happy every time I see them.

2 comments:

Rachel said...

Lovin' the flowers...I am dying for spring to get here (heck I'd just go for melting snow right now!!)

Oh my gosh too funny about the pants...glad they ripped where they did and not somewhere else!!!

Jen D. said...

A secret project from IKEA parts? Sounds very covert to me....and it relates to scrp storage. Now I'm intrigued. I expect updates maybe a few pictures of this project :wink:

Chuckling at the "pants" episode...it the back of my mind I hear the beginning of a joke..."You know you need new pants when..."