Hope our moms had a good mothers day! It's hard being so far from both of our families.
Oh, some exciting news about our trip! One of Greg's friends from high school (hi Jeff!) lives out in Seattle, and we were planning on visiting him while we were out there. Well, he has graciously offered to let us borrow one of his cars for the time we're there. So yeah, we'll be driving around in a BMW convertible. :) How sweet is that? I owe Jeff a big pile of hand made cards. (Thought #1 ... and you thought I was worried about fitting our luggage in a Prius?!? Jeff swears the trunk is as big as a Corolla...) (Thought #2 ... Greg drives an automatic every day, so I will be doing the city driving.)
(Tangent #1: Greg was loading up the GPS with maps last night. We are old school. Anyhow, with the memory on the GPS, we can get all of where we'll be ... except the cities ... Portland, Seattle... I have given him permission to at least look at a new GPS, particularly if they have a buy one get one free deal on a Canon digital rebel body.)
And now, relating back to my last non-parenthetical sentence about cards (stay with me here), I finished up a graduation card for my youngest brother who will be graduating from Rutgers next week with his Bachelor's in Mechanical Engineering. (I can post it because I'm pretty sure he is too cool to read my blog.) I cleaned out my car today; it's been on my 'to do' list for a long time. I can't even remember the last time I cleaned it out. It wasn't a total mess, but there were papers under the seat from school, a bunch of those paint chip cards from Lowe's, old registration and insurance cards, candy wrappers. The only interesting find that I unearthed was a post-it note that had to have been vintage 2002. It had Greg's phone numbers on it! (Back when I had to write them down still ... ha ha!) I tried vacuuming out the car, but the shop vac just wasn't doing it. (And I was all excited to use the shop vac...) It was just all wrong for the job: the nozzle was too big to fit in all the little places where crap collects. I don't think they make dainty little shop vac attachments. And it just wasn't sucking all the stuff out. So I then I dragged the dyson out in the driveway.
I think Harry Potter 4 (and a big pile of laundry) is calling my name...
3 comments:
Harry Potter 4. It took me forever to get into it, but once the actual Goblet of Fire showed up, I really liked it. I've got about 100 pages left.
Have fun with the new Harry Potter book..I love them all!!
And SCORE for you guys driving the BMW on your vacation..how fun!!!
Hope Greg finds a deal with the GPS/DIgi Rebel body...maybe he'll find one with two digi rebels for the price of one and we can split it.
I've been looking at a Canon Powershot - classified as SLR-like which would probably be best for me to conquer first. Any fatherly advice on this one?
Cleaning out the car stinks.
Post a Comment