We made it through the weekend without turning on the air conditioning. We're trying to hold out a bit longer. They were on last weekend, mostly for allergies. But we're back to windows and fans for now. Once the humidity hits, though, I won't hesitate to push that button...
We had a nice, leisurely weekend. Ran some errands and did some shopping on Saturday. Did some clean up, though not as much as I should have. Made some Mother's Day cards. Worked on a scrapbook layout. Went for a jog on Sunday morning.
Greg and I went to a *fabulous* new restaurant on Saturday night, called the Lazy Goat. It's a gorgeous location right on the river with walls of windows, and the food was just wonderful. We never made it to the entrees, though, so we will surely be headed back. We stuck to a tapas meal (and some good wine!), and had the fried goat cheese (I could eat this for the rest of my life and be a happy girl), moroccan lamb, polenta fries, and a shrimp special that was on ciabatta bread with tomatoes (I'm not doing it justice). I think this is my new favorite.
We finally made the last of our hotel reservations for our upcoming Pacific Northwest trip. I'm so excited! It's coming up really quickly now.
Greg is tearing through the Harry Potter series. He's on book 2 right now, but can't put it down. I've taken a break from HP for a little while after book 3, and am currently reading Eat, Pray, Love. I'm going to have to hurry up and get through 4 and 5, though! But they're huge compared to 1, 2, and 3.
That's all I got.
2 comments:
I love trying new restaurants and finding things we like...how fun!!!
Yes life with cats is interesting...but I can't imagine my life any other way!!
How are you liking Eat, Pray, Love? I've read it twice but can't even get through the fourth chapter of one of her novels.
I want to come for a visit and go to the lazy goat. We have a tapas place in Hbg. but I've never tried it.
Post a Comment