
I was bummed to not get a chance to create anything for the November blog hop, with traveling for Thanksgiving and all. But I did get a chance this month! This month's challenge was to use sparkle. And, if you know me, you know that is a true challenge. Sparkle and I don't generally get along. I'm always afraid my attempts look gaudy.

So I took the challenge and this is what I came up with. I used the CC December Vintage Attic kit. I really liked the way some of the colors of the American Crafts Dear Lizzy collection went with those Crate Paper Restoration papers, so I added those 2 butterflies (one has a sparkly blue gem!). The brad up at the top is a heart (didn't realize the glare was so bad when I took the photo) from the Crate Paper Snow Day line. There's also some sparkle in my title - those wood letters were sprayed with Cotton Candy metallic mist (Maya Road). And you can see why sometimes sparkle and I don't get along. Although I sprayed all 4 letters in my title at the same time, my "B" and "l" look dark pink and the "u" and "r" look metallic. Embrace the imperfection, right? I did notice that the "B" and "l"stayed wet the longest, but I thought I would get a more even look doing them at the same time. And the space in the box where I sprayed them dried totally metallic. Maybe I just got too much on there. I also added 3 sparkly Dear Lizzy brads.
I had to go through a bit of a battle with my seeing machine. I don't know a whole lot about sewing, but I know when I can't get it to work, it's usually something simple. Sure enough, I had it threaded wrong. Oh, and my new favorite thing? Tying little bows with the thread.

I got the idea for the patterned papers from Kelly Purkey's blog a while back. The yellow wood grain is actually the packaging from the Studio Calico alphabet.
4 comments:
Tying a bow in your machine thread -- what a great design detail! Love your LO!
Looks great!!! That layout of Kelly's is one of my favorites...and yours is just as awesome!
lovely LO and that's a super cute photo of your child! :)
This is awesome! I thougt the shades of the letters were meant to be like that, I think it adds interest!!! Love that little bow and the use of packaging!!!
Post a Comment