So, on to Thanksgiving itself. Still cold and blustery, and we actually saw some snow flurries during the afternoon.
The girls ate, almost exclusively, tons of mashed potatoes. The other stuff they could take or leave.

You can see where Julie scratched up her head in this one.




I wouldn't normally eat with Becca sitting on my lap, but she just wasn't quite herself for most of the week. She was kind of clingy and whiny, and it seemed to start the day we left. I don't know if she was just afraid the whole time we were there that we were going to leave her or what. She's back to normal now, though.
They sure do keep us entertained. Becca in Grandpa's shoes.

Emma studying the fan with Grandma.

Combing Grandpa's hair.

The girls slept horribly all week. Just about every night, we had at least two of them in bed with us at some point. The nights where all 3 of them were in bed with us were pretty rough, because we don't all fit in a queen bed. Greg moved his pillow to the nightstand, and I was hanging off the bed. I guess it's a good thing we sprung for the king size bed a few years ago.
On Friday, we all were ready to get out of the house again. We took the girls to a children's museum for the morning, and they had a blast! For them, it was just a chance to explore. They had a bunch of little stations.
Of course, before we left, Emma put on a little fashion show with my sneakers and Uncle Dan's hat.






I wouldn't normally eat with Becca sitting on my lap, but she just wasn't quite herself for most of the week. She was kind of clingy and whiny, and it seemed to start the day we left. I don't know if she was just afraid the whole time we were there that we were going to leave her or what. She's back to normal now, though.
They sure do keep us entertained. Becca in Grandpa's shoes.

Emma studying the fan with Grandma.

Combing Grandpa's hair.

The girls slept horribly all week. Just about every night, we had at least two of them in bed with us at some point. The nights where all 3 of them were in bed with us were pretty rough, because we don't all fit in a queen bed. Greg moved his pillow to the nightstand, and I was hanging off the bed. I guess it's a good thing we sprung for the king size bed a few years ago.
On Friday, we all were ready to get out of the house again. We took the girls to a children's museum for the morning, and they had a blast! For them, it was just a chance to explore. They had a bunch of little stations.
Of course, before we left, Emma put on a little fashion show with my sneakers and Uncle Dan's hat.

Becca. My mom trimmed her bangs while we were there, and with her bangs cut, it took me a long time to realize that she looks a lot like this one picture of my mom as a kid.






Everybody loved the horse.

We spent a long time in the grocery shopping station. Honey Bunches of Oats with Almonds ... just like Mommy.

If only Julie would actually eat all of those foods...









Oh, the look on her face! If only I didn't know where she gets that from.


Surprisingly, Emma was really into this one. I thought Julie would have been all over it because she's the one most likely to start to just start wiggling in public. But she was more interested in trying to get at the ballet and tap shoes.




We did some arts and crafts.


And we painted.







She's such a ham.

After I wouldn't let her put on the dance shoes, she found this pair of wooden shoes that fit like they were made for her.


And, the best part about the museum....

Greg and I did manage to get out on Friday night and did some Black Friday shopping. That's about the only time I can handle Black Friday shopping. By 5 pm, there are too many cashiers but the crazy shoppers have gone home. We got a couple of little things at Toys R Us. We also went to Old Navy because neither of us brought a hat or gloves. Of course we also ended up getting new hats and gloves for the girls. It's so much more fun to shop for them.

Greg and I did manage to get out on Friday night and did some Black Friday shopping. That's about the only time I can handle Black Friday shopping. By 5 pm, there are too many cashiers but the crazy shoppers have gone home. We got a couple of little things at Toys R Us. We also went to Old Navy because neither of us brought a hat or gloves. Of course we also ended up getting new hats and gloves for the girls. It's so much more fun to shop for them.




1 comment:
Cute, cute and...cute!
Post a Comment