Thursday, August 25, 2011

Random notes from the week

Apparently the girls have heard me calling Greg "Greg." So, the other day, Emma says, "Gweg, I need my jammies Gweg." And then on Monday night, I was upstairs doing the bed time routine, when Emma declares that she's stinky. So Julie and Becca run over to the gate and start yelling down the stairs "Gweg, Gweg! Emma got stinky! Gweg!" Um, because that's what I do when I need him to bring the diapers and wipes up.

We had noodles ("noo noos") and spaghetti sauce for dinner on Tuesday, but the girls though we were having "Big Eddie."

Julie has been obsessed with the word "mister" this week. I'm assuming that she's hearing it at daycare, but she'll say things like "you stay right there, mister." "No, mister."

Emma had an ear infection and was running a low fever last week. She got sent home from daycare on Wednesday, and then I had to keep her home again on Thursday. I was on my work computer at the kitchen table, so she brought our her little computer. When you open hers, it says "It's my home computer!" And over and over, she'd turn it on and say, "No, it not your puter. It Emma puter."

The girls have started saying "I go cut the grass. I see you at the window."

When the girls were going through some cards, Julie wanted to see "my elephant." Emma found the card, and gave it to her, so I asked Julie what elephants eat. "Some breakfast. Outside."

Julie and Emma both busted out with "kapeesh?" yesterday afternoon. I couldn't stop laughing.

Julie had also been saying "oh my goodness!"

3 comments:

Greg said...

Daddy doesn't respond to "Greg" or "Gweg" from his little darlings. :)

Beth said...

Greg/Gweg may not respond, but I would LOVE to see a video clip of this! Kapiche? :)

justem said...

Miri says "oh my goodness" too...it's so cute! She also runs around house going "JUSTIN! JUSTIN!" Love that they are so similar. And I'm totally teaching her some Italian now... ;)