Sunday, February 26, 2012

Ladies' Days

Our nanny was on vacation last Friday and Monday (so a week ago now), and I needed a few days break from work.  The biggest thing I wanted to accomplish was to get the daycare paperwork done and dropped off, and to let the girls see their new school.

We went their first on Friday morning, and the girls were nervous.  We'd been talking about going to visit "big school" for a few days, and Emma kept insisting that she wasn't going to get out of the car.  I managed to get her out without too much fuss.  There wasn't anyone at the front desk when we got there, so I let the girls explore the cafeteria area.  There's a fish tank, a giant bird cage, and a guinea pig in the big open area.  They were big fans of the fish tank!  We met their teacher, and eventually went in to class where the girls got a "lesson."  The other kids were definitely curious, but the way the teachers manage them even when they are "misbehaving" is unreal.  I wish I could remain that calm.  And get my kids to listen to me.  It was such a relief - - they did great, and were having fun.  Even Emma, who was a little skeptical, eventually got to working on something so that I actually left the room for a few minutes.

We spent the rest of the day having fun.  We went to Target.  We met Daddy for lunch at the "cheeseburger and peanut house" (Five Guys).


Greg dared to go to the drink machine without the usual entourage.  Julie caught him on the way back.

We went to the craft store.  And we spent a big chunk of the afternoon in Kohl's, getting some shoes for Uncle Steve and Aunt Steph's wedding, some clearance Valentine's day decorations, t-shirts for mom, and even a few toys.  We met Daddy at the park after our big afternoon.

It was a beautiful afternoon, a kind of "run around and do anything" sort of visit to the park.

Julie in the swing
Biker Emma

Running free.  Such a simple pleasure.
E on the bench swing with me
Man, I love that smile.
One more of miss Becca.
We took Monday much slower.  In fact, I don't think we left the house on Monday.  It was too cold to play outside, and we're trying to force the potty training issue with Julie, since she needs to be potty trained to go into the 3 year old class when she goes back to school.  So we watched some Mickey Mouse Club House and Olivia, did some painting, and took it easy.

No comments: