I started using the Momento app in January to record some of the funny things they say and do. Here's a sampling:
Jan 3
6:11pm Julie calls her pictures "museums."
9:15pm Lullabies include "You can't always get what you want" (in response to cries for water), and then Emma requested "Little Girls," our adaptation of the "Hey Little Man" song by Eddie from Ohio. I actually know some of the verses of the song beyond just the chorus, but Emma told me she didn't like my song and wanted "Little Girls." So I just sang the chorus over and over again.
9:30pm Emma couldn't fall asleep. We were lying on the couch together when she saw her shadow on the wall behind the couch. She was especially intrigued by her hand's shadow. Then I showed her that Bear has a shadow, too. When I made Bear and his shadow dance, she giggled. A little after 10, I finally took her into our bed to fall asleep.
Jan 4
6:02pm Girls are running around the house in their slippers yelling "slip" and falling down in front of the front door.
6:18pm Fighting over who wipes the table.
6:49pm "Buzzert" (Emma) is "dessert."
7:46pm G: "You have a lot of tangles." J: "Yup, I sure do." J also says "of course you can!"
Jan 7
12:00pm "I'm Becca again!" We started calling her "Patty Pantsless," or just "Patty," because she will run around without anything on. But then she becomes Becca again when she puts her pants back on.
7:24pm "Why you need coffee? It's too late for coffee. You want diet coke?" (R)
7:33pm E: "Nobody ate some of the moon. The birdies left it a circle."
Jan 8
10:09am E: "It't not a pancake, it's chocolate."
10:32am All of them: "I told you to be quiet, my baby brothers are trying to nap."
Jan 9
6:00pm About the green beans: "I don't like the empty ones." (E) She thinks they are supposed to be edamame.
Jan 11
7:55pm "In a minute. I'm really busy right now." (J)
Jan 13
6:15pm Greg gets caught and has to recover "art" from the recycle bin.
6:18pm E: "My heiny hurts." R: "Because you ate too much dinner last night?"
6:19pm J: "No, don't talk in the car. Talk at home."
No comments:
Post a Comment