I try not to use the "p" word around the girls. I don't like it. I don't like its connotations, its air of entitlement, the way it portrays women. And, almost on principle alone, I almost didn't take the girls to a "Pirates and Princesses Tea Party" play date that our moms of multiples club held on Saturday. But it was raining, and we needed to get out of the house.
The girls are still pretty clingy in large group situations like that. We walked in the door and they just kind of froze, and wouldn't let me out of their sights. It took a little while for them to warm up enough to put on the costumes. And I'm not-so-secretly happy that they looked somewhat uncomfortable in them.
![]() |
| Did you know it was possible to look this miserable in a princess outfit? |
![]() |
| Crowded around the mirror |
Someone offered to get a picture of us right before we left. It's not very often that I get a picture with my ladies. And you can see their excitement level with the whole thing hasn't really changed. In their defense, I had promised them a special surprise treat, and apparently this did not meet their expectations.
They are some pretty tough critics.




1 comment:
oh this post makes me happy.
we are a princess free zone, too.
though they do have some princess dresses at day care.
though more often or not it's the boys wearing the dresses when i show up, not mirielle! ;)
Post a Comment