Thursday, May 24, 2012

Home Improvement

So, on top of taking care of the girls all week, and then all weekend, my parents managed to do more work around the house than Greg and I have managed in the last 3 years.

First, my dad repaired, sanded, and refinished the girls' little wooden picnic table.

But I think that was just a warm up.  Because then they re-landscaped the entire yard.  They pulled roots and weeds out of the beds in the front yard.  Pulled out, split (!), and transplanted all of the bulbs.  Added new plants.  Added landscape fabric.  Mulched.  Pulled all the weeds from the flower beds at the end of the driveway.  Put flowers in them.  Fixed the bricks that were shaping the beds so that they actually fit right.  Replaced plants (hydrangea) that we failed to water last year in the back yard.  Found and cut out the broken sections of the soaker hose.  Added hanging flowering baskets and a flag.  Pulled out the sprawling juniper that I've been afraid to go near.  I haven't managed to get pictures yet, but it's just so amazing.

Oh, and on top of all that?  My dad built a 10'X12' deck in the back yard, and then put together a new playhouse for the girls.

"Helping" with the deck.


I just can't thank them enough for swooping in, wearing out the girls, and doing what needed to be done without even asking.  I mean, we had talked about the playhouse and deck, but everything else was just them being them.  Man, I love and miss them.

No comments: