Thursday, May 17, 2012

More trains

Grandma and Papa are here!  They got here on Saturday morning, shortly after Julie informed us that they just left their driveway and they weren't going fast enough.  I was upstairs at the time, and I heard a chorus of yells, shrieks, and screams.


I'd been keeping an eye on the local paper, and sure enough, the train show that we went to last year came back to town.  

They still weren't quite tall enough to see, so we had to hold them up to push all the buttons and see.  Well, I say "we," but someone had to volunteer to take pictures.


Julie and Grandma



They were ALL about the Thomas Train this time (though they don't know Thomas, just that it's a train).  Emma pretty much owned that train whistle string.  Over and over and over.  They loved pushing the buttons.

Papa and Becca on the Drive-In screen.

We played outside there for a while.  There were stones in the bird bath, which of course made it a toy.

There was a little stream with a TON of tadpoles.  We'd just been talking about tadpoles turning into frogs (in reference to Becca's new stuffed frog), so they were totally into it.  Apparently, one of the kids in their class brought in a tadpole, so they had talked about it there, too.


No comments: