The title is from one of my favorite Eddie From Ohio songs, and in honor of that, today's post is about what I've recently downloaded from iTunes. (and if you're not listening to Eddie yet, RUN, don't walk. Just so much fun to listen to!)
Call me a dork, but I really dig Garrison Keillor's taste in music. I first heard Chris O'Brien, Jaryd Lane, and Jon Troast on Prairie Home Companion, so those were my first downloads. (iTunes classifies Chris O'Brien and Jon Troast as "folk" and Jaryd Lane as "country.") I'm really digging Chris O'Brien... love the song "Rosa."
Then I noticed the "based on what you bought, we recommend..." thing where I found Death Cab for Cutie. Always been turned off by the name, but I'd read somewhere (Newsweek?) lately saying that they weren't just for my younger, cooler brother anymore, so I decided to try it. Pretty cool.
Chris O'Brien is right before Counting Crows in my alphabetical playlist, and I've really rediscovered a love for them lately.
Ah, and the soundtrack to Garden State is on my short list lately, too.
1 comment:
the garden state soundtrack is sweet, i've had it for a long time, haven't listened to it in a long time tho. And yes, i am cooler. Stephanie and I were addicted to the new cd "plans" for a while but we got over it. She is now trying to get me into country, but we are having a bit of trouble. Right now our collection ranges from Toby Keith, to Willie Nelson,to Johnny Cash, to the Dixie Chicks. Actually... I shouldn't say ranges from, I guess its more like... "is strictly limited to..." I found that a lot of the songs are very love em or hate em. Any suggestions?
Post a Comment