
I harvested 4 tomatoes yesterday, and there's one more that's almost ready... and tons of little green tomatoes out there! Honestly, I'd been afraid to go out there lately - I keep forgetting to water them, and it's been so hot and dry. The plants don't look fabulous, but they're still alive. I did water them yesterday, but we really could use some rain! The rain is so spotty this time of year - it could fall in a downpour and stay dry on the next street over. Thunderstorms have been all around the past few days, but we haven't gotten much of anything. It's so nice, though, when the clouds roll in around 3pm - it makes such a difference in the temperature of the house when it's cloudy at that time of day!
The kitchen cabinets are all empty! All of the lower cabinets have been pulled in toward the center of the kitchen, and Greg has started taking down some of the upper ones. We're planning on leaving them in the kitchen only as long as we can confirm that all of the new ones will fit in the garage. Greg cleaned out the garage on Saturday, and pushed everything up against the walls, so we THINK there's room... but there's only one way to find out... Cabinets should be here Thursday afternoon.


Dusty and Lefty have been having a grand old time in the kitchen the past few days - so many new things to see! Plus, they're never been allowed IN the cabinets before. I had to take a drawer out of one of them yesterday, and that started the kitten gymboree. Next thing I know, someone climbed up the cabinet and went in through the drawer hole. They quickly learned to get themselves out by hanging on the bottom of the drawer hole and pushing their feet against the door.
The absolute funniest thing, though, was when I was standing in front of one set of cabinets, waiting to get a good picture of Dusty's head through the drawer hole, when, all of a sudden, the drawer next to me opens. I couldn't stop laughing. I had NO IDEA Lefty was in the other cabinet at the time! The doors were closed, and I don't know how she got in there, unless she went in and closed the door behind her!
We decided on a paint color, and went back to Home Depot tonight, but got there about 10 minutes after they closed. Maybe tomorrow.
2 comments:
I always giggle when looking at your photos! I love to see what antics the kitties are up to. They always seem to be up to something! So, what color paint did you choose?
Elise
I'm impressed with all of Greg's handy work! Everything is looking good!
Post a Comment