Saturday, July 14, 2007

Catching Up

The kitchen is painted! We did go with Havana Cream. Here are some pictures - not sure how accurately it represents the color.



We moved almost all of the remaining cabinets out to the garage, and Greg's going to smooth out the floor leveling a little bit more, and then we'll be ready for cabinet installation! We carpooled to work on Friday, and as we were pulling out of the driveway when a van pulls up and stops in front of our house -- much to our surprise, it was the cabinet installer, thinking we had agreed to Friday. But Greg hadn't talked to the guy in a week. He said he tried to call the house on Thursday night (which caller ID revealed he did), but Greg was painting ... and the phone with the answering machine was unplugged. Regardless, there was no way we could do it on Friday. Which probably means he'll push us out a few weeks.

The cats have been tolerating being temporarily banished much better than expected. We have to close them in the guest room (with food, water, and litterbox of course!) for a couple of hours every now and then to get things done in the kitchen. Every now and then I'll see paws coming out from under the door, but they're not afraid of the guest room yet.

I ran some errands this afternoon, and ran into Alan and Kim at Office Max (I think... I can't keep the names of all the office stores straight!), and got to meet their new little girl, Helen. What a cutie! I was looking for transparencies for my clear album, but anything you can print on costs ~ $1 per sheet... and they seem to come in boxes of 50 or more. I eventually found a 25 pack somewhere else. (Office Depot?)

Did some random errands. We got some coupons in the mail for a new chain of grocery stores that they've been building for the last year or so around here called Bloom. I didn't look around too much, so I couldn't really attest to its being a "different kind of grocery store." At some point, I'd like to try the little scanners that you carry around with you to ring up your order yourself. Don't think it would save me anytime, but it would be fun. :) I was there on a mission, though - to stock up on my latest obsession - fruit water and vitamin water. I know what you're thinking, and I agree. But I was looking at my new year's resolutions recently, and one of them was to drink more water to try to curb my soda consumption. Since I'm not making much progress on those other resolutions, I'm allowing myself this indulgence.

I was looking for a new toothbrush holder/water glass for the bathroom at Bed, Bath and Beyond (our glass broke in a middle-of-the-night incident) when I found these dryer balls. They're supposed to replace dryer sheets (which replaced fabric softener in our house). By fluffing your laundry, they're supposed to cut drying time, too. I'm not holding my breath, but I'll let you know. Yup, I'm a sucker.

My cousin Aimee had her baby on July 4! He was something like 9 weeks early - yikes - and 3 lbs, 4 oz! Sounds like everyone is doing ok, though, but he will likely be in the hospital for the next couple of months. Can't wait to meet little Jeffrey Ronald!

2 comments:

Rachel said...

Absolutely beautiful...great color choice!!!

Beth said...

I love the color, too! (And the name!) I want a job naming paint colors or nail polish shades someday.

I love flavored waters; my favorite is Life Water. They have cases of it at Sam's Club, but my roommate doesn't belong anymore so I'm going to have to do the Vitamin Water thing at Costco! And I felt a little bit bad about drinking it, but you're right; if it gets me to drink more "water" and less caffeine it's a good thing.