I went into work today, so nothing exciting to report from here. Just a couple of rants...
1. How many times would you call someone and get a voicemail that you don't recognize, or have someone answer the phone and tell you that you have the wrong number before you STOP CALLING? Honestly, I get more wrong number calls on my cell phone right now than I do right numbers. And this one guy keeps calling. Sometimes 3 times a night. Sometimes at midnight. Over the last month or two, I've come to recognize his number. Greg answers sometimes, I answer sometimes, voicemail answers sometimes. And other times I just see the missed calls on my phone. I'm running out of patience. Be warned: I may be changing my cell phone number in a few weeks. (The girl at Costco said that was the cheapest way to get a new phone anyway.) Or, maybe I'll just post his phone number on my blog, and we can all call at all hours. Repeatedly. Unless someone has better advice.
2. We went to dinner at this Thai restaurant downtown that we used to go to all the time. It had been a while since we'd been there, but sure enough, the waiter that INSISTS on speaking in the first person plural was there. He's been there forever, and he's a good waiter. But every time he says, "Have we decided what we want for dinner?" or "Is there anything else we want?" or "Can I get us the check?" I have to fight a giggle. Dude, until you're ready to split the check 3 ways, lay off the cute stuff.
Thanks for listening.
4 comments:
I would love to call wrong number guy!!
I get tons of wrong numbers on my cell, too. The first three digits of mine are the same as a toll free number & if people don't dial a 1 I get the call!
I hear you on the wrong numbers! I once had a girl calling me that was convinced that I was "Michelle" or somebody and that I was fooling around with her boyfriend. After I talked to her, my boyfriend talked to her, and lots of ignoring, the hateful phone messages and text messages finally stopped.
Elise
I get them on my cell phone too...at first it was humerous now its just annoying!!
I've never had anyone be that persistent with the wrong number. That would be extremely annoying! I don't think I'll call you for him, though . . . I wouldn't want to show up on his caller id and then have him start calling ME!
Post a Comment