We had to give a presentation in my Tuesday class, and it was agony. There were 9 teams. I had one team that I had to ask specific questions of; the rest of them, I surfed the web through. But the team I was following went 2nd, and we went LAST. It takes forever for 9 groups to do 20 minute presentations. It was almost 10 before I got to leave. My friend Lisa (hi Lisa!) sent me an email around 7 or 8, congratulating me on being done -- I saw her email sometime inbetween the 2nd presentation and ours, and I kept thinking "almost ... almost..." But it's DONE now. Grades aren't posted yet, but I think they'll be fine. I'm not actually going to graduation -- it's next Thursday, and I'm already short on vacation days this year. Turns out, I've got to be out of town on Thursday anyhow. A bit of a bummer after 3.5 years. But just having some time to myself is reward enough.
We've been really slack about decorating for Christmas, but Greg finally brought the tree in all by himself on Tuesday, and put the lights on it. (Well, it wasn't just Greg. He got some pictures of the notorious helper kitties. I like the first picture because Lefty's just a blur in the background.) We've got it upstairs this year, mostly because we're hoping to do some work on the floors downstairs over Christmas. Somebody didn't think it would be a good idea to try to move the tree in the process. I think we found some flooring at Costco that we're going to go with. 

We went out to dinner to celebrate our done-ness on Thursday at one of our favorite restaurants downtown, Sassafras. It really has been a while since we went out to a nice restaurant. And neither of us could remember the last time we went out on a date during the week. It was nice. :)
3 comments:
Many, many congrats! Enjoy your free time, you deserve it! Sue
This is the post I've been waiting for! Congratulations!!!
So excited for you!!! And very proud of all your hard work!!!
Post a Comment