Well, nothing's wrong with it technically. But, if you could see that the windows are open and it's been in the 70s since Saturday, then you could see how unnatural this is. I hate it. I want it to be cold. I may be the only one who longs for cold and snow, but this is too much.Greg submitted the final version of his thesis for formatting today, and it was approved! I'm so proud of him. Although, I think part of the reason he stayed up late last night to submit it was just so that he could say he finished before I did. I had a final exam tonight, and that was really the biggest hurdle. It wasn't too bad - we had 2 hrs to respond to these questions on an article he gave us last week. I did it from Panera (my usual Monday night dinner spot). It was a good thing I finished with about half an hour to spare, because it took me that long to get the thing to send. I was freaking out. Tomorrow's a presentation, but all of the work is done, so it's just a matter of talking as fast as I can. And then I'm done! My first order of business next weekend is going to be sleeping in.
I asked for paper bags at the store a couple of weeks ago, because we use them to corral paper recycling. Well, of course Dusty and Lefty thought the bags were for them. For about a week, we had 2 paper bags just sitting on the kitchen floor because the cats like to sit on them. They also play in them. I caught Dusty in one, and it reminded me of Nibbler.
Greg's parents came for a visit this weekend, and got to meet Dusty and Lefty. (Apparently the cats are all Greg and I have to talk about anymore. We're so boring.) I cooked dinner on Saturday, and then we went down to Fountain Inn to see what was there, because I had seen articles about a skating rink, horse-drawn carriage rides, etc. I thought it would be super Christmas-y, but not so much. The houses on Main Street were gorgeously decorated and all lit up. But when we got to town, there was about a block with not much open. There were huge lines for the carriage rides. And the ice rink was plastic (Greg had warned me about this) and small. You could have your picture taken with Santa. Or buy doughnuts. But that was about it. Starbucks on the way home made up for it.Other than that, it's just been school, school, school. I'm looking forward to having something else to talk about soon.
2 comments:
Know what you mean about snow, I wish it would snow here, but of course it never will! Christmas always feels weird in the sunshine. Sue
I don't mind the snow is the freezing temps that come with it...do you know every morning its been around -15 to -6 when I'm outside shoveling the walk at work?? That just sucks...anything below 0 is just plain cold!!
Post a Comment