Thursday, January 6, 2011

Personality and Developmental Notes 1/6/11

Yogurt is "yo yo" and Cheerios are "eee ooohs."

Whenever one of them does something not nice to someone else, we tell them "That was not nice." And the victim usually repeats "Not nice" in her meanest voice.

Emma calls herself "Emmy." Becca is up to "Beh-uh." Julie is still "yeh yeh," but sometimes if we prompt them, they try to say Julie.

Another of their favorite phrases (particularly Julie) is "Emmy mess" for when I tell Emma that she's making a mess.

Julie likes to go around saying "boo" now. She puts "people" in the cabinet, opens the door, and says "boo." She was also doing it while they were outside on the back deck. I put my face up to the door and we played "boo."

The girls ate their first pierogies last week and LOVED them. I thought they would like them, but I had no idea how much they would like them. Gram would be proud.

They refer to outside as "ash eye."

After we change diapers or when we're getting them out of their high chairs, often we'll say "rock on." And now Julie has started saying it.

The girls have figured out how to scoot their high chairs across the kitchen floor by kind of bouncing in them. I don't remember who figured it out first ... Becca, I think... but they all caught on pretty quick. It works better when they trays aren't on. Becca has started scooting and stealing food off of her sisters' trays. They don't like it when she can reach their trays. I swear, though, last week sometime I thought Becca was trying to organize a high chair race.

Since there are 3 of them, whenever I um, "sense" that someone has a dirty diaper, I've started asking each of them. Julie's got the drill down. She comes over to us and turns around so we can check.

Emma is in love with snow men right now. Whenever she sees one, she yells "no man!"

1 comment:

Beth said...

All these adorable things are what you need to keep in mind when you feel like you could cry. Love hearing all the words they are learning. Rock on!