We got there right when they opened (can you believe it?) and for the first hour or so, we pretty much had the place to ourselves. There was a lot of stuff that we didn't do, because they were so young, but it definitely kept them entertained for almost 3 hours.
The first place we went to was the "Teddy Bear Hospital," but the girls weren't really interested in the teddy bears. They wanted the toys. There was a doctor's bag full of stuff and they just started grabbing.

The future Dr. Emma?

I'm not quite sure what the glasses were supposed to signify at a Teddy Bear Hospital, but I LOVE these pics.


Next was the grocery store. Oh, how they love to charge around with those carts! And these weren't padded like the ones at the place we went to over Thanksgiving.
No scurvy for us!

Becca's used to shopping at Costco.

Complete and utter chaos!

"What is this funny looking stuff?"

And yet you won't eat the REAL ones that we try to feed you at home. (And yes, the blur is Emma's pig tail.)

Emma thinks about putting her cart back.

She decides against it. This was after I already had to tell her she couldn't have 2 carts.

Next up was the splash pond. Yes, there was a drain in the floor. The smocks were supposed to help keep them dry, but Greg suggested that next time we'd need a change of shoes.

Should have known this was coming.


Of course Julie went for the ducks.

Then we went up to play in the farm area for a little bit. The girls were amused to play in the "farm house" because it had a kitchen and a (fake) sink, plus dishes and spoons and even a "spatch." But I thought it was kind of boring.
Next was my favorite part, the giant Light Bright. It took a while for the girls to get it, and at first they were content to merely pull the pegs out. Eventually they started fitting them back in, though.


We were starting to run out of steam at this point, but we stopped by the traveling Alice in Wonderland exhibit. The part that we saw was really about geometry and rolling golf balls to get them in the holes. Well, you know the girls loved playing with the golf balls.

Becca also insisted that we go see the recycling truck. They just love trucks right now, and love spotting them when we're out. But once we got there, they weren't all that enthused.

Just when we thought we were done, they spotted a sort of all purpose room that had been set up with hula hoops and jump ropes (I think it was a New Year's resolution exhibit or something), and all of a sudden they were full of energy again. There was music playing and nobody else in there when we got there. I seriously think this was their favorite part of the whole thing. They LOVED those hula hoops.



5 comments:
Wow! What a terrific place! Your pictures are great - lots of new scrapping material :)
I want to go to that museum!
Looks awesome!! Miri's favorite part is always the shopping section. :) And I love the glasses photos!
that place looks like pure heaven :) If you haven't already bought plastic foods and a cart for home, you must... Emma played with those til she was probably 10 - no lie :)
What a fun museum this looks like! We have one locally but not nearly as full of fun stuff. Your photos are adorable (as always!)
This looks like an awesome museum...ours isnt nearly as nice (though I haven't been since they changed locations) You should check into their party deals. We had a party for Fritz there one year...the kids loved it and I didn't have to clean up the mess that 3 year olds make!
Post a Comment