Monday, January 10, 2011

Snow Day

We got a good 6 inches of snow, starting around midnight on Sunday night. At the moment, there's a nice crust of ice on top of the snow. Day care was closed, and Greg and I both stayed home from work. The roads were just snow first thing this morning, but then the ice started. The rest of this week looks like it's going to be cycles of melting and refreezing.

We took the girls out this morning. They weren't really thrilled. A lot of whining and wanting to be picked up. We stuck it out for a half hour or so... you know, since it took us a good half hour to get them suited up. Until this morning, we hadn't even dug out the real winter coats. When I went up to get them, I actually found two pairs of snow pants that I didn't know that we had. They were a 2T and a 3T, so unfortunately Julie was out of luck. Emma was swimming in the 3T, and she looked like a big pink marshmallow.

My pictures aren't great. My camera was in a plastic bag, and looking through the viewfinder through a plastic bag was nearly pointless.



E: "Please someone get me out of here!"


R: having fun, if only for an instant.



"Daddy messy!"


The neighbor's dog came out.


Pushing daddy over was our favorite game.

4 comments:

Lisa Cole said...

Holy crap that's a lot of snow! But it does look fun... glad they enjoyed it for a bit :)

adele holcomb said...

AMAZING how much snow the South got! My grandson in Canton measured 5" in his back yard and I think they got more after that! Fun sledding, though. I'd forgotten how long it takes to get kids into the outdoor clothes in this weather -- multiplied by 3 for you! Wait until next year when they have to go potty about the time you get them all dressed.

justem said...

I think the photos are great!! It's always so hard to get them to look good w/all the white snow. It throws everything off! We finally got some snow...thank goodness! I was getting jealous of everybody else!

Dorothy said...

hi! your girls are soooo cute! how i wish someday i'll have my own real "doll" to play with. :D