Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Ten on Tuesday

  1. A few weeks ago, I was downstairs getting the girls breakfast when I noticed that the cats' water bowl was empty. I filled it, but when I went upstairs to get dressed, Lefty was hanging out by the sinks in our bathroom. I figured she hadn't been downstairs to see the refilled water bowl, so I put some water in one of the sinks for her to dip her paws in. Ever since then, when she catches me up there in the morning, she glares at me until I fill a sink with water. I call it "Lake Lefty."
  2. When we were on the way to daycare on Monday, Julie saw a yellow Hummer and yelled "busssss!" Yeah kid, pretty much.
  3. Know what I learned on Monday? I didn't really miss work much.
  4. What are you supposed to use to clean your laptop monitor off with? There is so much crud on this thing, but I don't know what to clean it with.
  5. I made Lentil Soup for dinner on Monday. The recipe called for 2 tablespoons of garlic. Which seemed like a lot at the time. I kept pressing and pressing, and went through the whole head of garlic. Um, I think that had to be a typo, because that garlic totally overpowered the whole thing. Whoa. I think my hands still smell like garlic.
  6. And when the girls wouldn't eat the lentil soup (well, actually Julie did eat her whole bowl. the other 2 tasted it and that was it.), what did the parents of the year give them for dinner? All the Ritz crackers, string cheese, dried cranberries, and probiotic-laced applesauce they could eat. It was the best meal EVER. They are going to rave about it to all of their friends at daycare, I just know it.
  7. Had to take Emma to the doctor's office on Monday for a rash, after daycare called at around 2:30. I seem to remember having to leave work early on the first day back at work for a sick kid last year, too. I sure hope we don't have as many doctors' visits this year. This isn't boding well.
  8. If you were a 2 year old gift card, where would you be hiding?
  9. I'm 42% done with The Girl Who Kicked the Hornet's Nest. And I love my Kindle. :)
  10. My least favorite meal to clean up after? Rice. Guess what we had tonight. It's everywhere. All over my feet, ugh.

1 comment:

Lisa Cole said...

okay... that sounds like a very tasty, fun and nutritious dinner they had. Don't beat yourself up! Let me just tell you... dinners of cereal will be in your future, just o with it :)