Wednesday, December 21, 2011

December Daily: Dec 17, 18

My parents left in Saturday morning (and have been trying to recover from a week with us ever since. We just had a mellow day, and got the girls to take a nap by letting then sleep in the living room. Greg got Julie and Becca to sleep on the floor, and Emma and I dozed on the couch.


Late in the afternoon, we went downtown, to see some lights, and watch some people ice skate on real ice. It didn't entertain the girls as long as I hoped it would.

There's also a Festival of Trees fundraiser where people/companies/nonprofits sponsor and decorate Christmas trees. The last time I remember going to see them, they were in one hotel, spread out over two lobby levels. But now, they've got them spread over multiple hotels. It felt much less like a cohesive event. But it did mean that I got to see the lobbies of some fancy hotels downtown that I don't normally get to see.

We went out for pizza downtown, and then headed home.

Julie sporting her new Santa Claus pin from Grandma.  They were all wearing them, and insisted I pin them on them right in the middle of their bellies.
Sunday the 18th... I don't have a photo from the day. I took the girls to Costco in the morning, and we had an interesting conversation in the car.  We saw a big pick up truck towing a little Honda Civic, and the girls started yelling "It's a daddy and a baby car!"  They were next to us on the road for a little while, and the conversation revolved around where they were going:

  • "They are going to see the animals!"
  • "They are going to their house!"
  • "They are going to their gramma papa's house."
  • "THEN they are going to see the animals."
We went out to lunch, mainly to wear them out and drive around until they fell asleep.

No comments: