Now that they recognize a few letters, Julie is convinced that candy canes are J's.
Chocolate is "chew lock let."
Cereal has an extra syllable I'll bet you didn't know about, too - "cerereal."
Becca in particular has gotten really good about recognizing places when we drive by. One of the bounce places is in a strip mall on a pretty busy road, yet whenever we are close to it, I always hear "That where I bounce with mommy yesterday.". (it's always "yesterday" or "last week."). She also recognizes the post office and says I took her there yesterday, too. And for anyone who knows our post office, it's pretty nondescript. And I honestly can't remember taking her in there specifically (I know I've been in there with a kid before, I just don't remember who.), but if she says I took her, I believe her. (I know better than to argue with her.)
At dinner, Julie likes to ask everyone, "how is it?". And then once she starts asking, they all start asking each other, us... The chatter grows exponentially.
The girls like to pretend to drink coffee and diet coke. They make us lots of coffee in their play kitchen.
Becca has started saying "When I grow up, I want to be a mommy.". (We've been reading an awful lot of 'Olivia and the Babies' lately - my favorite part is when Julie tells me that her mommy is silly, too.). Emma's response so far has been, "When I grow up, I want to be a daddy."
Lately, Becca's been embellishing her statement a bit -- right now, it's "When I grow up, I want to be a mommy and put (turn) on Mickey Mouse.". Because apparently only mommy stoops to Mickey Mouse Clubhouse On Demand. Everyone else claims that Mickey isn't on right now.
No comments:
Post a Comment