Thursday, December 8, 2011

December Daily: Dec 4, 5

Dec 4 was Christmas tree today.  We went out to lunch, and then decided to get a tree from a local tree lot.  Fraser Fir don't grow down here, so we don't get to cut down our own.  We're limited to pre-cut trees.  We've tried Lowe's and Costco in the past, and so we tried something different this time.  The girls were initially most excited by the inflatable Santa in a hot air balloon.  They were only mildly interested in the trees.  After they saw Santa, they were mostly interested in running around between the trees and picking up the scraps of rope on the ground.



collecting string scraps 
oh Christmas tree
String?  Definitely more interesting than trees.

Dec 5 was busy, busy, busy.  We started out with an 8am dentist appointment for the girls.  Note to self: don't schedule anything for 8am on Monday morning.  We've been totally spoiled by the nanny, and have completely lost sight of how long it takes to get 3 toddlers out the door in the morning.  As we were getting out of the car, Emma offered up, "Julie go first."  Once we were inside, Becca started offering up Julie to go first, too.  But Julie pulled out her "oh yeah?  Then I'll poop in my pants." card.  While I took her to get changed, apparently Emma volunteered to go first.  They all did great, and got good reports.  Quite brave.

Watching Mickey Mouse Clubhouse in the waiting room.  Really, though, I wanted a picture of the outfit: coat, sunhat, and those rain boots.
Emma after her cleaning.  She kept saying, "I did great!"  And then, when her sisters were getting their cleanings, she would say, "Becca do great!"  "Julie do great!"
A little skeptical...
This is to remind the girls how much their daddy loves them, wearing their hats while they were getting their  teeth looked at.  This is the way they do the cleaning and the way the dentist checks their teeth, too - they sit in one of our laps, and lay backwards to put their head in the dentist/hygienists' lap.  This is Julie getting her teeth cleaned.  Check out those boots.
A crazy day at work after the dentist (more on that some other time), and then Greg and I went to see Garrison Keillor.  He had no idea we were going until lunch time on Sunday.  I wanted it to be a surprise, and partly a Christmas gift, too.  :)  I think he liked it.  We got to go downtown for dinner at perhaps my favorite Thai restaurant ever, and ate too much food.  Then we went to see Garrison, and laughed for almost 1.5 hrs straight.  Good times.  We went to see him a few years ago (well, a lot of years ago, because it was pre-ladies), about the same time of year, and I've been wanting to see him (or PHC) again ever since.  No pictures, but I saved the ticket stubs for my album.

No comments: