Friday, December 30, 2011

December Daily: Dec 26, 27, 28

We'd been cooped up in the house pretty much all weekend, so our first order of business on Monday Dec 26 was to get outside.  We went to the park and played at the playground for a little while, but spent much more time running up and down the hills to "see the water."  (And, um, my camera battery died towards the end of the playground, so the rest are from my phone + instagram.)


Julie kept saying, "I'm a climber, mom!"


Love this pic of Becca

Emma

We were collecting sweet gum balls.  I think they "story" was that some kids made a mess, and the girls were cleaning it up.

They would hold them by the stem and say, "It has a handle!"


Tuesday the 27th was supposed to be rainy all day, so we planned to spend the day at home.  Of course the rain was over by noon...  Greg and I had our monthly date night, and went to the movies to see The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo.  Which is remarkable in 2 ways:  #1, I think it was the first time I'd been in a movie theater in ~5 years, and #2, Greg went to see a scary movie.  I've heard comments that the original movie (with subtitles) was much better, but I'm not crazy about subtitles.  I though the movie was pretty good and true to the book, except for the ending, which I could be remembering incorrectly...  Anyhow, if I hadn't read the books first, I don't know if I would have liked all the scary stuff, but knowing what was coming was a big advantage.  And Greg didn't pass out!

On Wednesday the 28th, we went to IKEA.  My primary reason for going was to get these spice racks to make bookshelves in the girls room.  Of course they were sold out until February.  I did get a table to scrap on, finally.  I've moved all of my craft stuff downstairs (ok, most of it), but somehow it didn't leave me with any table space.

pre-lunch slump
On a whim on the way home, we stopped at the outlet mall.  For some reason, when I bought the girls pillowcases earlier this year, I bought 4.  Meaning that, when I wash them, I have to remember whose turn it is for a clean one.  Anyhow, we are back at 6 now.  We also went into the Gap outlet to get some clearance pajamas for next year.  To distract the girls from the more expensive pajamas, I led them over to the clearance rack and gave them a hat to play with.

And this is how we walked out of there with three new hats.  Yes, with the tags still on them.


And what's almost as good as a new hat?  Why, rides of course!  They ran both Greg and I out of quarters, but they considered it part of our "'venture," which they decreed a fun "'venture."

E.  Look at those cheeks!
R
Ladies and gentlemen, if you get pulled over by this pair.... just try not to laugh.

1 comment:

adele holcomb said...

Glad for your review of "Dragon Tattoo". I read all the books too and want to see the movie.

The girls are so cute in their new hats. I hope they continue to have "ventures" all of their lives!

Happy New Year to you and your family!