I look at this picture from last week, and I see so many stories all at once.
First, there's the fact that we were outside at dusk 2 weeks before Christmas with no coats on, because it was 70 degrees out. We were at the airport watching planes take off and land.
There was a plane there with a cloth over it, which was alternatingly the daddy and baby plane, taking a nap with its blanket.
Then there's the jingle bell bracelet on her wrist for being so good at the ENT to get her ears checked.
But the biggest story? That receipt in her hand.
After we left the Polar Express, we stopped at McDonalds again to get some coffee and drinks. Papa got a big orange drink. As we were pulling out, Papa's drink spilled. After a quick clean up, we went back through the drive thru to get another drink (the receipt is for the 2nd drink). We were trying to explain it all to the girls, and we keep telling them, "It's ok, accidents happen!" to which Julie yells out her reply, "I pee!" I couldn't stop laughing. Usually when we're talking about accidents these days, it's someone peeing in their pants. So I guess she was trying to make Papa feel better by letting him know she has accidents, too.
And then, when we got to the airport and needed a diaper change, she found the receipt in the front of the car, and while we were getting her back together, she was sliding the receipt in the crack into the glove compartment, telling me she was fixing the car. When she was done, "now it go faster!" (Earlier that day, she was telling Grandma that "mommy drives fast!")

No comments:
Post a Comment