We had actually decided to make a weekend of the zoo trip, and stay in a hotel for the weekend. Greg had to work on Friday, so he drove down after work to meet us.
Before he got there, though, the girls were demanding dinner.
The closest thing to us was essentially a sports bar. But they had outside roof dining, and I thought it would be fun.
So I took 3 kids to a sports bar. Got lots of stares. There weren't many other kids there. Wait, there weren't any other kids there.
We sat outside, but not in the shade, and the sun was right in my eyes. And the only chairs outside are tall bar height chairs.
See, this just keeps getting better.
Then my tired kids who refused to take a nap start whining. And crying. Julie: "I want to eat inside!" Emma was just so tired she put her head down on the table. And Becca hates being trapped in a chair. And someone (I honestly can't remember who now) just kept screaming, "I want chicken nuggets!" I got some chips and dip as an appetizer, hoping food would help improve morale, but it just seemed to make things worse.
Anyhow, in the midst of all this, I snapped this picture with my phone. And I just love, love, love it. Love the sun streaming down. Love how serene she looks.
Love the fact that it masks the beastliness that was really going on when it was taken.

No comments:
Post a Comment