We picked the girls up on Friday, and headed down town for some live music. Of course, I underestimated how many people would be down there. On the way in, we ran into a parade, and couldn't get to any of the parking garages. We sat in traffic and drove in circles. Once we got parked, we were all hungry. Greg, Becca, and Julie watched some music, and apparently caught another short parade while Emma and I waited in line to order pizza and get a table.
Coincidentally enough, I found these four-leaf clover necklace and bracelet (and a crown and a wand) left over from a work meeting in the car a week or so ago. That morning, they were playing with them, and brought them in the car with us to daycare, and put them back on after school. The concert was a kickoff for the Celtic games/festival in town for Memorial Day weekend. It was a bagpipe and drum band.
After pizza and two trips to the bathroom each, we made it back out for the last 15 minutes or so of the band. The girls LOVED it. They pretty much had to be on our shoulders to see, which actually worked out because Julie wanted to be on the ground dancing.
Julie dancing. I don't think I have a picture of her that night that isn't blurry.
Our favorite pizza place, where they knew us and knew the girls, and where our favorite waitress Rose gave us her phone number in case we ever needed a babysitter, closed. We were devastated. It doesn't quite make up for it, but a Dunkin Donuts opened up in our little town. It may not be pizza, but it does have a drive thru.
Fueled on a medium iced coffee with skim milk and 2 splenda (the girls know this order), we went on a marathon trip to Costco. Julie's in the back. We had to start packing sippy cups to go to Costco because I used to be able to buy the girls off (read: occupy their hands) with a free cup of water. But recently they changed the free cup size and there isn't a lid for it anymore. And I'm not about to push that cart around with three open cups of water.
There was also a hot air balloon festival all weekend long. After dinner on Saturday, we saw some of the balloons lifting off, so we followed them for a bit and found a parking spot where a bunch of other people were watching balloons. I only had my phone, so the pictures aren't the best, but you'll just have to trust me that those are hot air balloons.
We decided that it would be most appropriate for us to wear our winter cat boots with our sundresses.
And then we started picking flowers instead of watching balloons.



















No comments:
Post a Comment