Friday, June 29, 2012

Father's Day

We did all take a nap on Saturday afternoon, and did some more exploring on Saturday afternoon.  We went to a park.  Played at the playground.

But what were they most impressed with?  The giant postal facility on the edge of the park.  There was a huge ramp from the road down a giant hill.  We seriously stood and watched mail trucks for longer than we spent at the playground.







We went out for pizza for dinner, got some ice cream, and went back to play in the hotel pool for a while.  The girls loved playing in the pool.  I had packed some water toys, including these mermaid dolls, and we spent a good chunk of time tossing them back and forth and splashing each other.  Becca was the only one who wasn't too crazy about the pool.  She finally would get in and sit on the top step, but that was about it.  Emma wanted to be pushing her feet off the wall with me.  And Julie fell in love with floating on her back.

On Sunday morning, we woke up and had breakfast at the hotel.  Becca was up early, and demanding breakfast, so we let Daddy, Julie, and Emma sleep in.  I look at this first picture of Julie, and I can totally see that "I just woke up" face - I think her eyes are a little puffy still.  And when I look at this one, for some reason, I see a teenager that I've just roused from bed at noon.


They love the hotel breakfast buffet.  It was pretty awesome.  And Emma?  Just might like this dress.  You might see her in it in just about every other post.  It is adorable on her, but I finally figured out (since this trip) what it is that she likes so much:  it is long.  And princesses?  They have long dresses.

We went for a walk down by the river.  Happy Father's Day, Daddy!

Becca and Julie.  Julie almost looks like she has pony tails, but I assure you that's just going-to-bed-with-wet-hair-from-the-pool combined with no-hair-brushing hair.

It was hot, and we'd run out of things to do, so we decided to head back home,  with a stop downtown for some lunch and to play in the spray fountain.  They installed this fountain a few years ago now, when they did a lot of the work along the river.  I can't believe that we hadn't ever been there yet, because the girls had a blast!




Should I add here that we still haven't given Greg his Father's Day cards?  I've gotten so bad about that lately.

No comments: