Friday, June 15, 2012

Park and zoo

How could a day that starts out like this be bad?

Getting in the car to go to the zoo.  It just struck me how old Emma looks here.



At the bar, we discovered this little gem that had been previously overlooked.  But oh how they loved it.  We attracted a couple of other kids, too, so finally we had to turn it over or I think the girls would have been there all day.


We finally made it into the zoo.  Um, sometimes I'm pretty sure that the girls like the animal statues more than they do the actual animals.



I think Emma was looking at the goats.

Chickens and ducks.

Rebecca looking for the owl.

See that smirk?  She's just about to tell me "I was just kiddin'."  I don't remember about what... something having to do with food or lunch, but it just totally hit me that she's at that age where she likes to be funny and kid.  She hasn't started telling jokes yet, unless poop jokes count.  ("You want poop for dinner?")
This was two weeks ago now, I can't believe how time flies, and how far behind I am.

We went out to lunch to the airport after the zoo, and saw some drawings for a new park that they are adding right next to the little restaurant.  Should be awesome!

2 comments:

Beth said...

You have to do a mini-book with all of their photos sitting on the animal statues. So cute!

justem said...

Every time you post a photo of the three of them from the back it makes me smile. :) Love the pink polka dot dress!