Thursday, June 28, 2012

Museum

On Saturday of our weekend 'venture (I'm back to the weekend of Father's Day now), we went to the children's museum that I'd bought an annual membership to earlier in the year.  The big draw this time (for me, at least), was the butterfly garden.  The last time we were here was back in March, and the butterflies weren't quite ready then.

They had little cards that helped you identify the butterflies.  If you've been reading this blog long enough, it won't surprise you that Emma was ALL OVER the matching.  Julie played along for a little while.  And Becca made me carry her card after about 5 minutes.

Had to share this one, because it's such a typical Julie pose/expression.  Her legs are crossed, and her left hand is palm up:  She's either explaining something, or asking herself a question like she's a teacher.

Emma making tractor noises.

The littlest Piggly Wiggly.  Yes, we still have Piggly Wiggly, but none close to us.

Everybody went right for the mac n cheese.

See, Julie's got two jumbo boxes.

Filling the shopping cart with milk, just like mommy.

Emma might just like pushing buttons.

We got to the museum not long after they opened, and it was much less crowded than it was the last time we were here.  We skipped the grocery store because it was so crowded last time, so I'm glad we got to monopolize try that this time.

Something else that was super crowded last time was the vet's office, so we headed there next and had it to ourselves.

Dr. Becca

Poor kitty.  I think she was brushing his teeth.

Her dog had fleas!

Way too much fun putting cones on the animals.

Once he had a cone on, apparently it was just easier to lay him upside down, and administer the medicine to his chest.

"Binockley-ears."

The next 3 are for my Deadliest Catch loving friends.



Isn't that quite a pout?

The run/jump/march on music mat was a big hit again.



They have a temporary exhibit of giant-sized games.  (Think life size {well, toddler size} chess, a jumbo Jenga set...)  The ladies went for Battleship.

There was another temporary exhibit about money/the economy/finance that was a bit beyond them.  But they liked sitting at the pretend bank and talking on the phone.  ("I'll be there as soon as I can, sweetie.")


Telling Daddy to get off her fire truck.  Yes, seriously.  She had some whole scenario going about fireman pirates...

Becca


A rare still moment.


We did some bulldozing.

The other exhibit that wasn't open the last time we were here was the big water exhibit.  I'm not sure if it was trying to teach some of the same things that the canal/lock exhibit at the Crayola Museum (which, after 20 minutes spent searching my blog for a link I have discovered that I never blogged?) was trying to show, but suffice it to say that the little boats went down the stream.


1 comment:

Beth said...

I think this post has some of my all-time favorite photos of the ladies. The one of Julie on the bench, legs crossed...(sigh).