Late that week, I'd seen something on the local news about a Touch a Truck event going on at the weekend farmer's market downtown. I knew we already had a lot planned, so it was kind of a "not sure if we'll do it or not." But the girls and I were up early, and managed to wake Greg up, so we went, and I'm so glad we did. It was a lot of fun.
We started on the school bus, which was probably good because mom and dad could get on too.
I say that because the fire truck was next, and they were scared of it. Wouldn't even go near it. Finally I talked Becca into sitting on the front with me. (Why yes, in fact I did just roll out of bed and put my hair in a pony tail.) And check out my legs - - I know they're pale, but that doesn't even look like human skin.
Next up was an empty Ryder truck, perfect for running and screaming.
Emma was way too excited to get behind the wheel of this SmartCar. I think we nearly got kicked out because they were pushing, touching, trying to break everything. It's used by the parking authority, which meant we had the chief meter maid watching our every move. And seriously, isn't it her fault for leaving the walkie talkie (on the far door in the top picture) and the dog statue in the car?
The big digger.
Julie driving the trolley, and going for the bell.
And then riding the trolley.
Headbands.
Waiting for the police car.
Emma and Julie both got into the police car for a second, and then bolted back out. I think the police officer being in the car scared them. But Becca? She's fearless. She got right in and got right to business pushing the button for the siren. The look on her face below was right after she pushed the button. I LOVE this picture. And I hope I don't see her in a police car again.
The police golf cart had no line when we got there, but this was easily one of their favorites.
After missing their chance to push the sirens in the police car, Julie and Emma were not about to miss out again. The officer let them all get in together, but I don't think he was prepared for 6 hands going everywhere. There were a whole bunch of different sirens on this. They were pushing buttons, holding them down, and the thing was loud. So loud, in fact, that the little boy that was waiting in line next started crying. The police officer said, I believe, "You three are a mess." Um, yup.
Another place I am hoping I never see my baby.
Junior Officer Julie.

The baby digger.
The cleanest sewer cleaner I've ever seen.
Oh, look who found the CB.





























1 comment:
I am SO behind on your blog!!! The girls look older!! We had a Touch A Truck this weekend, too...Miri smiled at the Firetruck, but would not get on it to save her life. ;)
Post a Comment