Cutting for Stone - Excellent. A lot more African history/politics than I was expecting, but a really interesting read.
I read Bringing Up Bebe a few months ago, too, and I really liked it. There's so much parenting advice out there that sometimes I end up feeling like I'm not doing enough for my kids. But this book help reassure some of my own thoughts on parenting. Nothing earth shattering, though.
I'll admit that I did read the first Fifty Shades of Grey book. And I agree that the writing was awful. I didn't love the characters as much as everyone else did (or at least said they did). I'm not sure if I'll read books 2 and 3. It was a quick read, though.
I just finished The Elegance of the Hedgehog a few days ago. It was a really challenging read - definitely not a quick read. It took a little while for me to really get into it, but now that I've finished, I loved it.
I've just started The Billionaire's Vinegar. Still trying to get into it.
As for what the girls are reading (or at least requesting)...
They love this set of Winnie the Pooh books my parents gave them when they were here in May. We're only now, 2 months later, getting to the point where we aren't having to read 3 Winnie the Pooh books a night.
They also frequently pick:
Stanley and Rhoda, which I like because I remember the bee sting story from when I was a kid.
The Belly Book, which we all can quote from.
This slightly less traditional version of Goldilocks.
On Emily's advice, we also added Press Here, and they love it. Becca in particular likes to "read" this one. When we first got it, Emma was totally unimpressed. But now they squeal when we read it.
As for what the girls are reading (or at least requesting)...
They love this set of Winnie the Pooh books my parents gave them when they were here in May. We're only now, 2 months later, getting to the point where we aren't having to read 3 Winnie the Pooh books a night.
They also frequently pick:
Stanley and Rhoda, which I like because I remember the bee sting story from when I was a kid.
The Belly Book, which we all can quote from.
This slightly less traditional version of Goldilocks.
On Emily's advice, we also added Press Here, and they love it. Becca in particular likes to "read" this one. When we first got it, Emma was totally unimpressed. But now they squeal when we read it.
No comments:
Post a Comment