Friday, July 20, 2012

Chopsticks

The girls and Greg and I can all agree on a meal at the "red bowl house."  (Everything is a "house."  We came up with the name for this one because when they serve your meal, it's always in a red bowl.)  It's a Mongolian grill, where you put all of your raw ingredients in a bowl, and they cook them up for you.  Of course, it's a bit of a fiasco to have three three-and-a-half year olds near a line of raw meat, but just an average fiasco.

When my parents were here in May, we all went there and my dad was trying to teach them to use chopsticks.  Of course, the girls remember that as soon as we decide to go there.   And demand to use chopsticks.

Luckily, we had an extra helpful waitress, and she gave us these little chopstick "adapters."  I can't remember exactly what they're called, but they essentially just turn the chopsticks into tongs.


One happy customer.  (Yes, blurry phone pictures.  I think I'm finally eligible for a phone upgrade.)

Julie still struggled a little.

I think Becca actually managed rice with hers.

We pocketed those little things and have already used them again once.

No comments: