Thursday, July 12, 2012

Music

Right before the 4th of July, I remembered a summer concert series that we hadn't been to yet.  The girls just love music, so I'm trying to find as much live music as I can for them. 

Oh, and they love picnics even more than they love music.  So they were all in.


 We like color.  And dresses + socks + sneakers.

(And we know mama loves the sun spots.)

When did she start crossing her legs?

Enthralled.

When Julie got tired of the chairs.

I won't claim their behavior was perfect.  They have a hard time sitting in one place, and an even harder time staying in one place.  They were up and down constantly, and occasionally loud.  And they started saying, "I wanna go" right before they started the finale 1812 Overture (complete with cannons).  But honestly, it worked.  For 3.5 year olds at a classical music concert, they were rock stars.  (Well, maybe they were like rock stars at a classical concert?  That's a pretty good analogy.)

And, for your amusement, I present Rebecca conducting/dancing to "A Salute to Bob Hope."

1 comment:

Beth said...

It sounds like it was a success. It's so good of you to expose them to different kinds of music - nothing wrong with "kid" music, but exposing them to different music is probably more enjoyable for you.