The end that Julie is so stylishly modeling below is just a plain flashlight.
And the other end is an LED glow stick. Don't you just love the look on her face? Oh, and that big red spot on her arm? Yeah, we tried thinking that it was a bug bite for a while. But oh no. That's ringworm. Awesome. It has been getting better since we've been putting the cream on it, but she's got to keep a band aid on all day, and her poor skin is starting to get all torn up from all the band aids. She had gotten into a habit of taking her band aid off before nap every day (why? I have no idea.) and one day I picked her up and one of the teachers asked about it, and said, "Isn't that really contagious?" Ugh. So, ever since then, we've been trying to make sure she keeps it on and giving her lots of praise when she still has it on when we pick her up. So far, so good. That's all I need is to have to keep her home until it clears... Because the cream said to use it for 4 weeks...
Anyhow, the funniest part of the glow sticks was that the first night they had them, all evening, they were microphones. Over and over and over again, I heard Becca say, "Ladies and gentlemen, Introducing Bella Smith. She is three years old. Let's give her a big hand." It was hysterical. I can't recall which stuffed animal was "Bella," but they were all taking turns being the audience or the speaker. Actually, their microphone was called a "speaker." But I can still hear Becca in my head. Hysterical.
Later they started interviewing Greg, and putting the "speaker" right up touching his mouth. Emma started asking him, "Do you have any pajamas at your house?" She loves to play with word sounds right now, so she asked him a series of questions where she changed the sounds in the word "pajamas," until she busts out with something that sounds way too close to "Do you have any vaginas at your house?" And I about died laughing. Clearly, she had no idea what she was saying, and Greg just tried to redirect her, but it just kind of came out of nowhere.


1 comment:
I'm sure there are patience-trying and frustrating moments, but times like these have to make the bad times much easier to handle! "Ladies and gentlemen, introducing Bella Smith..." Where do they come up with this stuff?
Post a Comment