Thursday, March 29, 2007

Spring


Spring is here. I wore a winter coat every day while in Europe, and it was 80 when we landed in Greenville on Saturday night. It's been in the mid-80s all week, up until today. Yesterday actually set a record high.

The daffodils came and went while I was gone. I managed to snag a few pictures of the last few that were still looking ok. The pear trees are also blooming like crazy - they smell so funny; not good - and as the leaves come out and the flowers fall, it looks like it has been snowing in our driveway.

The pollen is horrendous. I honestly don't remember pollen like this back up north. The cars are just covered in a thick layer of yellowish-green. When it rains a little, it all runs into these yellowish-green puddles.

I've seen some tulips up in some of the neighbors' yards. Everything in our yard seems to bloom later than it does in the neighbors. So, hopefully that means it got cold enough for the tulips this winter. I was starting to worry.

Everything that we planted last year seems to have survived (well, except for the azalea that got taken out by the weedwacker. But that got replaced) except for the peonies that I really really wanted. Guess we'll be needing to fill in those spots.

This will be my first weekend this year with "pull weeds" as one of my chores on my list.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Enjoy your weed pulling (I actually used to find gardening quite theraputic way back when!). So glad you are joining the BPS digi course, see you there. Sue