Wednesday, March 7, 2007

Venturing out



Well, hopefully my destructive days are behind me (car mirror, detergent bottles, did i mention i also managed to rip a belt loop off of my coat yesterday so now it just hangs like a tent?). Cold is getting a bit better, though I'm still congested. If I could get a good night of sleep, I think it would do a ton of good, but there's no alarm clock in my room. All I have is a travel alarm I brought with me, but it's working intermittently. It went off once this morning, 10 minutes after it was supposed to. I never sleep well when I'm worried about oversleeping. I've been waking up every hour or two. I asked for a wake up call tomorrow, so hopefully I'll sleep better.

Ventured out after work today. I figured it would be safer to walk than to try to drive. :) But I did take a picture of my new car -- see the mirror's still attached? As I was walking back, I saw a car that had its passenger side mirror folded back - I think Greg showed me that my car's mirrors fold back like that so they're not so easy to snap off. Could have used that yesterday! And 3 cars later was one with a passenger side mirror held on with string. So I'm feeling a little bit better about my incident.

Walked for about an hour. I was trying to decide whether to try a restaurant, but I got a bit lost and frustrated and decided to just make it back to the hotel without incident and call it a success. There's a huge church in the middle of town that everybody references, but when you're walking with buildings all around you, you can't see the church! On my way back, I think I figured out where I went wrong, so I may try again tomorrow. I also found a restaurant on my way back that had a menu in English and is fairly close to the hotel. So things are looking better.


Felt very French today walking back to the hotel with a baguette in my hand.

4 comments:

Rachel said...

SOunds like a blast but I'm sorry to hear that you're congested and not feeling well...but oh what fun you must be having!!!

Anonymous said...

nothing ventured, nothing gained.

Beth said...

Better day today, it sounds. Can I once again say how adventurous you are for walking around a foreign city??! I'm unsure of walking around cities I've lived in and been to many times! You're my hero! :)

Anonymous said...

Bonjour Sarah, good to see you getting out and about (you are SO brave!). What an adventure, and so much scrappy inspiration for when you get back! Have a great day! Sue